Friday, December 5, 2008

Something I didn't expect...

One of my concerns about being a mother of two was how Tate was going to handle everything. I worried that his personality would change or that he would not like the baby and take it out on him. To my surprise this did not happen...not in the least! Tate has adored his new little brother from the day he was born. Tate loves to lay next to (sometimes he tries to lay on him) Levi and talk in a lovely high pitched voice adoringly to him. Tate gives plenty of kisses and hugs to little Levi as well. Tate constantly tries to give Levi his Binky... whether he wants it or not. He has never acted out in any way towards Levi, as I had once feared. However, a few days after being home from the hospital Tate showed his jealousy, only it was towards ME! My little guy has always been a mamma's boy and such a well behaved and happy boy...but for two days straight he wanted nothing to do with me. =( He misbehaved miserably and it seemed the only words that came out of his mouth over and over again were, "no!" He was not a happy camper and he wanted me to know it. Of course, this sent me over the edge...I felt awful and worried that this would be Tate's new demeanor. At times I would just cry, I wanted to be able to enjoy my new son as well as Tate at that special time. I think the only positive thing about those couple of days, was that Tate and Daddy spent a lot of time together. I am just glad that he snapped out of it when he did and all is good in the world!








2 comments:

Marium said...

That can be hard, it's hard for kids to share mom, I deal with that on a daily basis. Hang in there. I really enjoy reading your blog and all the cute pictures you have what a talented bunch you all.

ashley said...

Oh Jenn, these pics are precious! That first one is my fav!!