Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Baked Potatoes with Cheese Mix

Try this...you won't be disappointed! The cheese mix is easy to make, serve and store! I usually quadruple this recipe, depending on how many people I am serving.

Baked Potatoes with Cheese Mix

2 Large baking potatoes, rubbed with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt
1/2 c. grated mild cheddar cheese
1/4 c. Daisy brand (the BEST sour cream)
2 T. butter
1 T. chopped green onion
Sea salt and pepper

Scrub potatoes and rub olive oil and salt on them. Place on baking sheet in a 350 oven 1 1/2 hours or until done (rotate half way through). Combine all the cheese mixture ingredients in a bowl and add salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Open potatoes and scoop cheese mixture on top. ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Sounds DELICIOUS! I'll have to try that sometime soon! Love the new pictures of Tate on your header!

Kristen said...

YUM. I read the recipe this morning and decided to try it tonight. (Heidi knows I'm a stalker, sorry, I'll post now.) So I made this for dinner tonight with pork chops and it was SO GOOD. I'm a potato girl and now I have a new favorite way of doing baked potatoes. Also, it was so much easier to make for the kids instead of preparing each potato individually. Ben loved the tender peel. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Did you make this up or is it a family recipe?