Tuesday, September 15, 2009

:: your favorite place in the entire world is in my arms ::

How fast the time I have held you in my arms has flown by...you are already ten months old! Before we know it we will be celebrating your birthday and sending you off to college soon after that (and I will cry at both of those events.) I make sure to really connect with you everyday, trying to permanently embed in my memory everything about you: what you smell like, the sound of your sweet raspy voice, that you love pat-a-cake and always clap along, how efficient you are at scudding across the floor army style and sometimes decide to crawl like a big boy, that you climbed your first stairs just the other day at the cabin in Bear lake with many onlookers to cheer you on, the little rash you get under your bottom lip from your Binky, how ticklish your back and ribs are, the way you reach for me every time you see me and cry when I don't take you in my arms, how much you love your Binky/"ba ba"/ "na na"/fingers/ anything you kind find of the floor...basically anything that can go in your mouth, how cute you are sitting in the tub next to Tate surrounded by bubbles and 20 different toys, your intense blue eyes, that you just started giving your first kisses upon request...open mouth and all, the way you say "yeah yeah" and shake your head up and down anytime we ask you a question, the resemblance you have to your Grandmama Weeks and her side of the family, how much you love me and that I can tell you love me more than anything else in this world, that you can now do peek-a-boo all by yourself, how much your personality reminds me of myself, how much i love to nibble on your ears and kiss your neck, the way you look in your crib waiting for someone to come get you with imprints of your "night night" on your red face and tear streaked cheeks, that you can hold your "ba ba" all by yourself...but I like to do it anyways to spend that special time with you, how you always bop along to my silly beats, when you reach your little hand out to anything or anyone that you want, how soft your skin is and your firm round baby bottom, the love you have for your family, how excited you get talking to daddy on the phone and try your best to talk back, that you cry everytime I put you down and giggle with delight when I pick you up, how cute your coloring is, your love for Cheerios, how much you love to dance...especially in the kitchen, that you hate being alone, the way you pull yourself up on something to stand and hold on tight for support, how you arch your back if you don't get your way, the sound of your baby cry and that frequently it sounds like "maaaa ma", how tired you are of rice cereal, when you rub your eyes because you are tired, that you make daddy's day when snuggle with him, how special you feel when you get time with daddy and I all by yourself, that you don't really care for TV and books as much as your big brother, that you like to play with my jewelry (especially my big turquoise ring), how content you are being held by a stranger, that you are a true "mama's boy", and just how strong your sweet spirit is! I want to remember just the way you are at this moment forever!!! And when I am old and grey I can think of you and feel that joy all over again.
Levi Timothy, WE LOVE YOU beyond expression!

7 comments:

Marie said...

Jennica, you are an amazing mom. This post made me want to hug and kiss my kids. Love you!

Sheree said...

Cutest picture ever! I love that post.

Unknown said...

This is an amazing, special picture. I love both of you

Mariah said...

Jennica, you are beautiful! I'm inspired.

Kristen said...

I've had such a hard time with our little guy. This morning I was expressing frustration to my mom and she said "And this too shall pass." That's the problem! All those sweet moments are passing me by because I'm exhausted and frustrated. Maybe you helped me get one step closer to figuring it out. Sweet pictures.

Anna said...

it is looking so amazing, stephanie! what an awesome experience - thanks for sharing, it's so fun!

ashley said...

LOVE the pics and the sentiments! I adore the bond you have with your boys (especially Levi); you are such a wonderful mom!!!