Monday, March 2, 2009

::Big Boy Beds::

Andy and I decided it was time for the boys to move up in the world, Tate to a twin and Levi to the crib. Shockingly, Levi is having the harder go at it and I don't know why...I think he is too excited about his little mobile to sleep. =) Tate has made the smoothest transition to his new "big boy bed." After we finished making the bed it was nap time and Tate jumped right up onto the bed, we tucked him in for the first time ever (I think he was really digging having a pillow) and he did not move an inch as he slept for the next couple of hours. I felt so relieved and bad at the same time for not having transitioned him sooner...for a while there it seemed like he was flipping around and getting stuck in the most awkward positions as he slept in his crib. That night we he fell of the bed so we put a bed rail up the next morning. And the last couple of days have been a dream. =)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Awww..he's growing up! Did you move Levi in with him? We let all 3 girls sleep in the princess tent Friday night - Macie is definately NOT ready for that freedom yet!

Jennica said...

Yeah, they are sharing a room. That way we can still have a guest bedroom...we will keep it that way until the basement is finished.

ashley said...

I'm so glad he's doing well! I hope it lasts... for your sake! And tell Levi to suck it up! He's such a baby! HEHE, JK! I LOVE those boys!

Roberts Family said...

Hi Jennica I'm not sure if Levi is doing any better but we had kind of the same problem with Mackai and I read somewhere I think on babycenter.com to take out toys, mobiles, stuffed animals when it is time to sleep, 'cause when they see those they get more excited and want to play instead of winding down to sleep. That seemed to help Mackai but I hope Levi is doing better!

Kristen said...

Perfect picture... complete with security blanket and binkie. =o)