Friday, January 30, 2009

If you like tomatoes, then you'll love this chicken taco soup!

Chicken Taco Soup
From the kitchen of Aimee Weeks

Saute in 1-2 T. extra virgin olive oil:
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced (I usually use about 1 t. of the preminced garlic from the jar)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies

Add to the pot:
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I like to use a cooked chicken fryer from Costco and cut it into bite sizes...just make sure to take the skin off)
1 (46 oz.) can tomato juice
2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can corn drained
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans drained
1 (10 oz.) can beef broth
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. cumin
1 T. Worcestershire sauce

Preheat a large pot and saute the first three ingredients then add the rest and simmer for 1/2 hour-1 1/2 hours. Serve (put directly in soup bowl) with: tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese, green onions and sour cream. (You can freeze at least half of this recipe...it is enough to feed an army.) ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

One of my favorites...did I tell you this recipe has made it to Florida now, my sister made it for the branch down there and they all LOVED it - but I'm taking credit for it down there. Hee hee.

Christi said...

Is this what you brought when I had my surgery? It was so yummy. Thanks for sharing!

Jennica said...

Thanks Heidi! I was hoping you would like that soup Christi (I am always a little nervous cooking for other people!) =)