Monday, July 16, 2007

Ashley Wright's Summer Delight

This recipe comes from my Ashley. I don't think she would mind me sharing her discovery...or the fact that I gave it a name. =)

Ashley's Summer Delight

First, slice pieces of your favorite fruit (peaches, strawberry, blueberry, or any combination, etc...add a little sugar if the fruit needs to be sweetened) and put in the bottom of each bowl. Scoop vanilla ice cream (I am sure other flavors would work just as well) on top and then pour a little heavy whipping cream over the top of the ice cream and place each bowl in the freezer for a couple of minutes. After the cream sets in the freezer it creates a lovely hard shell over the ice cream and creamy texture around the fruit. I always pour a little chocolate syrup on top of that, because I love anything chocolate. This is probably not the best dessert for any of you dieters out there, then again none of my recipes are :) ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Soooo ... is the little Anna-Josh-Utah rumor that I heard true? :) (These recipes look way yummy, BTW! Can't wait to try them.)

Jennica said...

Yes!!!! I am pleased to say it is TRUE :) Josh has already started working as a chiroprater and Anna and the boys will be coming out in a couple of weeks! I am so excited and of course Megan will be coming out to the Y for fall.

Kate said...

That's so awesome - that will be so much fun for all you gals to be here together! I wish that my sister would hurry up and finish school so I could have a sister to hang with ... I'm jealous of you guys! :)

erica e said...

This was yummy stuff when you served it to us. Yummy and oh so fattening. :) Fattening food really is the best. That's fun that Anna and Josh are moving out there close to yall. She said something about a move but I didn't know where. Your parents are gonna be sad though, I'm sure.